It's Your BIRTHDAY
and you can party if you want to!
Grandpa Ron on a CRAZY HAIR day at the office!
So we are late, as life happens at our house, but we didn't want to miss Grandpa's birthday. It is always better when Birthdays can last for 2 weeks, right?
This song dedication is also on David's cell phone as the ringer that we hear each time Grandpa Ron calls. In our last song dedication I was informed to "quit watching the blog, because everytime it comes on I try to answer my phone!" Sorry, David, but here goes another!
Since I was a tiny girl, my dad, Grandpa Ron, has been singing songs and making up the words as he goes. I always thought it was fun to hear all the songs my dad "made-up". As I get older I have learned that songs such as "RAG MOP" (so loving sung to me as dad combed out my wet, tanged hair in preparation for Sundays) is in fact a REAL SONG! My playlist is full of these made up songs that I have researched and found to be real. Some of you have probably recognized the songs on my playlist as childhood favorites.
Today's top favorite has become associated with dad and mom's business in town as we hear it in many of their commercials. It is a song I am well familiar with as my sisters and I danced many a prance to it in the upstairs of our house as kids. We would "borrow" dad's music cassettes and have a good time being the good, the bad, and the ugly! Probably mostly ugly as we weren't the most coordinated girls!
In the number two spot is a Marty Robbins' song because I just had to include it with this picture of dad riding MY rocking horse! How about that Continental Suit?
WE SURE DO LOVE YOU GRANDPA!
Feb 10 Note: Playlist dedication removed to allow for new


No comments:
Post a Comment