![]() |
| image from nordicflower.com |
Fast
approaching is an “official” day set aside to celebrate mothers and I find
myself reflecting on motherhood. As I now sit at this computer, I have a significant
list of mothering chores to do. You know the ones: dishes, laundry, bathrooms
and the endless sticky spots that need mopped up, etc. and on and on. I can however,
happily say that some of my favorite mommy chores are done for the day. These
being, and of course not limited to, the fact that I have shared pancakes with
my little boys, they have been bathed, snuggled and are ready for their day of
play while the older kids are at school.
As one
may see, some of my reflections these days have been on the challenges of
motherhood while other thoughts have turned to the blessed rewards and joys
that come while raising precious little ones.
With my
thoughts on the challenges of being the mom in the house, sometimes wondering
if it wouldn’t be easier and financially smart to be the mom not so often in
the house, I remember that I have on occasion told people “the greatest gift my
husband has ever given me, is the opportunity to be home with my kids.” This is
especially true as I am finding the days of swinging at the park and playing
cars on the kitchen floor are being replaced with kids’ other friends, homework,
and school activities. The days of being mom out of the house may come, but for
now I proudly wave my banner for being the Candy Land Champion on Rolling Knoll
Lane.
![]() |
| image from fanpop.com |
Though
the days of feeling like a champion are mixed with days of being the referee,
maid, chauffeur, chief nose blower, and voter for establishment of awards such
as “Best Diaper Change of the Day”, I AM A MOM. I am grateful to be titled so.
When my
family and I were moving into our new home and getting re-established, a lot of
papers needing filled out had spots for my occupation. I usually put mother, but sometimes, just to
mix things up a bit, I wrote “Supervisor of Human Development”. Maybe sometime
I’ll also add “with emphasis on recreation management”!
Though I penned that in fun and the world may nod
approval at titles longer than MOM, there is no greater job than that of
mother. True, there is no job more difficult and sacrificial, but fact remains
there is no greater job than that of mother.
So, to
all the women out there who influence the future generations, wave your banner
high! You are an angel and a blessing in
the lives of even people you will never meet. After all, the hand that rocks
the cradle, rocks the world!
We have power within us to impact
the nations and many of you already have. May we be blessed with the strength,
courage and faith to march on.
Have a Happy
Mother’s Day!


1 comment:
What a good post. We are about a great work of bringing up these little children. Aren't we blessed!
Post a Comment