I added rear suspension to Zachary's Jeep he wanted it to be like Dad's buggy. I think they like it. Zachary saw Speed Racer and now he always wears his Speed Racer helmet and glasses to drive.I have ben working on my buggy some more. In the first half of the video I have re-timed the engine and re-jetted the carbs. After tuning the engine I broke the drive chain, you can hear it skipping when I launch about half way through the video. So I changed out the sprockets and chain for the next larger size. In the proccess I also changed the "rear end" gear ratio from 3.28 to 4.77. After you see Zachary and Macey in the wheel I have the new gear ratio, it made a huge difference. Way more torque off the line.
7 years ago
3 comments:
Wow, Dave, that is awesome, especially the last launch with the wheels coming clear off the ground!! I want one!! Landon loves watching both videos. He keeps saying "Dave fast buggy car". Casey said he's watched it like 6 times today. You guys could never live in Utah 'cause you need such a big place to play.
Your next addition will have to be wheelie bars ;)!
Happy Birthday Angie! We loved watching your videos. Jacob was glued to the computer and as soon as they were over he said, "More?"
Post a Comment